The original top ranked book database in the app store!!
iBookshelf is your personal portable library reference. A comprehensive book database, created and continuously maintained through extensive feedback from readers like you.
Watch the demonstration video on YouTube! Search for iBookshelf.
iBookshelf is NOT an eReader. You do not load actual books into this app. Instead, iBookshelf is designed to help you keep track of your personal book collection, whether your books are physical or digital copies.
Books are displayed sorted by your preference. You can search for books in your library, and enter a "loan status" to remember who you loaned the book to or borrowed it from. A new book can be entered automatically (enter ISBN and remaining data is loaded from the internet) or manually. It will even tell you where you can buy the book and how much it costs and where you can find a library with the book!
** Previously ranked #5 Paid App in the Books category in the US App store **
** Listed in "The Nine Best iPhone Apps For Readers" - Associated Content **
** Listed on CollegeDegrees.com as #1 in the 10 best iPad apps for students! **
"This application developed by Josh Pressnell is a must have for any book lover."
** 3.5 Mice in MacWorld **
- Supports large databases. Tested with a database of over 8,000 records!
- Enter the ISBN to retrieve all available book data from the internet via 16 different data sources, including international sources! Even loads series information for most books!
- Scan barcodes directly into the app using the built-in and ready-to-use iOS or ZBar scanners! Can also use Pic2Shop as a separate app!
- Barcode scanning for older iPads! Requires Cue Cat USB scanner and the iPad USB Camera Kit. Search 'iPad Cue Cat' for details!
- Enter the title and/or author to look up the ISBN and load remaining data from the internet
- Easily enter several books at once after doing a title/author search. Just select all the books you want to load and tap "Save".
- Find libraries near you which have books in your database! Powered by agreement with OCLC WorldCat! Select "Find" from the book view to search for all nearby libraries that carry the book!
- Read eBooks via integration with QuickReader and MegaReader!
- Built-in web browser lets you view, sort, and print your book lists!
- Set customizable app behavior in the iOS Settings app.
- Share your books on Facebook, Twitter, and via Email!
- Track book loans. Always know who you lent a book out to!
- Search the database by multiple space-separated keywords
- Tilt your device to landscape view and view your book covers in "shelf view" mode.
- Several different backup and restore options in the Utilities tab.
- Not sure what to read? While in cover view, shake your device and a random book will be chosen for you.
- Set the cover image using the device camera (if available)
- Optionally enable data pulled from ISBNDB.com (requires setup of free account) in the iOS Settings app.
** I am an avid book collector and reader, as well as a professional computer engineer. I develop and support my apps because I love the iPhone and iPad platform and I want my apps to be all that they can be. Think I can do something better? Would a slightly different or new capability increase your rating or motivate you to give me a positive review? Please email me. I'm always open to suggestions! **
Updated to latest Dropbox version.
Keep track of your book collection
Forgot which books you have read?
CloudReaders TM is a
Home Library v 9.0.0 iphone app
Yomu EBook Reader
Ein unabhängiger Reader
Répertorier ses livres devient un jeu
ePub, FB2, PDF, DjVu & more
All my books together on my
Take control of your reading life.
Gutenberg - Download unlimited bestsellers
Live from Project Gutenberg with
Updated to latest Dropbox version.
* Cleaned up book data sources
* Fixed loading of GoodReads reviews
* Minor updates for iOS 10
Minor data source updates
* Fixed data source issues
* Fixed issue where books would load, but save button remained disabled
* Fixed issue where edit text box was covered by the iOS 8 keyboard
* Minor bug fixes
* Fixed issue where certain buttons would not function on iPad
* Fixed issue where iOS scanner presented badly on iPad
* Added "guidance square" to iOS scanner to help guide framing of barcode for scanning.
Fixed crash when selecting sections using layered tables option.
* iOS 8 compatibility updates
* Fixed issue with invalid data getting loaded during lookups
* Fixed cover image loading
* Fixed bug with Red Laser scanner causing a crash.
* Fixed backwards compatibility issue with iOS 6 devices and editing book data fields.
* Fixed issue with iOS 7 iPad book add/edit views.
* Updated for iOS 7
* Improved performance and stability
* Fixed issue with odd characters in imported data
* Fixed issue with landscape orientation for cover flow view on all devices
* Other minor bug fixes and improvements
* Fixed GoodReads reviews
* Updated data sources
* Fixed issue where some lookups always return a french or german word for the title.
Data source audit to bring back full lookup capability.
* Fixed issue where selecting multiple items to save, via manual lookup or multiple barcode scan, resulted in duplicate entries of the last item added.
* Added option to completely clear saved barcode list
* Audited all data sources
- Full catalog/lookup capability restored
* Fixed issue with saved barcode scan queue
- Scans are now loaded newest-first to prevent confusion
* Fixed title/author search
- Lookup via title/author works again as-expected.
Please don't forget to update your iTunes reviews! Every positive review helps keep us going!
Updates in 2.12.2
- Adjusted timing for when data sources auto-disable.
- Show popup when data sources are disabled and allow the user to manually re-enable them if desired.
* Fixed broken scanner on iPad
* Fixed Pic2Shop scanner on iPad and iPhone
* Fixed genre showing up in title for some international titles
* iOS 6 and iPhone 5 display support
* Fixed issue causing some books to import with bad author data
* Fixed issue with data sources causing excessively long load times. Misbehaving data sources will auto-shutdown for future scans until the app is restarted.
* Updated to latest (more efficient) Red Laser scanner
* Updated to latest (fixed) version of DropBox
* Updated to latest version of Facebook API and fixed posting to Facebook.
* Several bug fixes for improved stability in iOS 5
* Fixed several issues with data sources for improved lookup
* Fixed timing issue causing some items to appear as not available in the data sources, even though they are.
* Fixed issue causing no available images in the title/author cover search.
* Fixed issue causing crash if the series field is mis-formatted after automatic data import.
* Other minor bug fixes.